As a Global Hosting Consultant for Health and Life Science products, you will be responsible for technical aspects of hosting architecture, customized solutions and extensions to existing SAS Solutions. As a member of a highly focused development team, you will be responsible for development, integration, support, and maintenance of internet and provisioning based applications/services. A strong knowledge of SAS products and database technologies (preferably Oracle and/or PostgreSQL) will enable participation in design and implementation of complex solution architectures. The successful candidate must relate user and technical requirements to SAS systems or database applications. This position focuses on technology with the opportunity to specialize in specific areas such as security, data management, system integration, and user interface.
Essential Required Experience and Background:
• Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including object oriented design, data-structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Strong object oriented programming skills with 3 or more years' experience (Java/JSP or other Web Development Technology/Framework preferred)
• Ability to connect, read, and write to databases – Oracle / Postgres
• Experience developing integrations among multiple software components including linking the user interface with database servers and file systems in a hosted environment
• Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Computer Science or a related field
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement.
Additional knowledge and expertise:
• Understand security, performance, and systems as they relate to the development and deployment of applications
• Able to travel as business needs require. Expected to be <5% of the time.
• Experience implementing solutions as part of internal technology adoption projects or customer-facing consulting services
• Ability to connect, read, and write to databases
• Capable of communicating with both technical and business audiences
• Able to achieve goals independently as well as contribute effectively to team initiatives
• Experience implementing SAS software
• Strong analytic, inductive, and deductive reasoning
• Deep understanding of relevant industry regulations and standards such as HIPAA, HL7, HEDIS, CDISC, 21CFR Part 11, IDMP, HITRUST, MIxS and other industry regulatory, security and compliance issues
• Experience using clinical trials solutions and/or healthcare solutions
• Base SAS certification(s) and/or experience using the SAS programming language
• Advanced degree, preferably in statistics, computer science, biology, or another quantitative, scientific, or technical field
• Knowledge of software/application development life cycle in a regulated industry
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn