As a Project Manager in US Government Business Unit, you will serve as the customer liaison on projects to assure success throughout the entire customer life cycle. You will interact with clients/customers, account executives, presales engineers, other delivery personnel and applicable departments at SAS corporate.
Additional responsibilities will also include:
- Leading customer and SAS teams to successful project outcomes
- Managing customer expectations
- Identifying and/or reviewing assignment of team members for Discovery Workshops, Assessments and other presales activities that require matching skills with specific agendas and services, and participating in these activities, including adding domain, administration and contracts expertise
- Participating with account management teams to write, estimate and review proposals for software and services deals
- Preparing sample or high level project plans to satisfy customer requirements to close deals, identifying potential implementation options and providing recommendations on implementation approaches
- Assisting in the response to RFIs and RFPs, utilizing the RFP Repository and coordinating the consulting resources that are providing the technical information
- Identifying, documenting and escalating any performance issues and skills deficiencies of members of the project team to the appropriate management team
- Assuming fiscal responsibility for the projects, including managing budget, expense management, timely invoicing, receivables tracking and monitoring /managing subcontractor expenses
- Identifying, assessing and mitigating all aspects of project risk
- Communicating the role of the project manager to the project team and client by outlining authority, decision and communications chains
- Identifying and matching skills of project team members with the implementation requirements and tasks, including subcontractors if required, and verifying that team members know and understand their assignments
- Determine lessons learned and best practices and for collaboration with peers
- Leveraging methodologies, enablers and best practices to accelerate project delivery
- Provide accurate and timely revenue forecasts
- Identify sales opportunities for future software and services
- Populate SharePoint and other collaborative tools, including weekly stoplight report and executive dashboard
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years of experience in project management, technical customer support, sales, marketing, and/or applications development.
- Experience managing large projects in the Federal or State and Local marketplace.
- Travel requirements are approximately 25% or as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Work Location: Arlington, VA, Ellicott City, MD or Cary, NC
- Strong technical background.
- Ability and willingness to learn new applications and dive deep to assist team when necessary.
- Knowledge of Project Management procedures and tools.
- Excellent facilitation skills, including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues.
- Good problem-solving, organizational, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to create project plans and project management plans.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent professional training presented and validated.
- Holds a security clearance and/or has ability to receive and maintain a Security Clearance
- Social Media presence in analytics or related field
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.