In this position, you will work as a Software Solutions Engineer on the SAS Fraud Management Solution. The SAS Fraud Management solution is a mission-critical solution that monitors and detects fraud in financial institutions. As a member of this team, you would support customers during a rotation to ensure that the solution is operational to a negotiated service level agreement.
- Provide technical support for trouble-shooting multi-faceted issues within complex customer environments across the globe.
- Build environments for the solution to support testing, training, development and demonstrations of the software. This would include:
- Configuration, validation and documenting the installation;
- Acquiring profound knowledge of the installation in order to support customers during upgrades or trouble-shooting production problems.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of experience supporting software applications, testing software, and/or general programming
- Experience with Linux Enterprise Red Hat 6.x and above
- Experience with IBM DB2 or Oracle database operations to include general DBA skills
- Understanding of Java coding methods and standards (for internal use)
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Expert problem-solving, analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to relate technical issues and impact in terms that business executives can understand
- Ability to work independently and with a global team
- Ability to work flexible work hours to include other time zones
- Ability to work on call on a Team rotation schedule
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn