As a Business Analyst you will play a central role in maintaining customer satisfaction by providing exceptional service and ensuring SAS delivers value through our products and services. You will gather business requirements, provide technical and business expertise and solution design to grow relationships with key customer stakeholders and other key customer team members.
This will require you to provide thought leadership in creating and developing technical solutions for SAS customers during a sales cycle, project implementation and during production. You will champion best practice principles across the industry in the context of anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance.
For this the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop custom software demonstrations and support proof of concepts that align to client business problems in anti-money laundering transaction monitoring, enhanced due diligence, sanctions compliance, or the application of artificial intelligence in aforementioned areas.
- Conduct discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements to produce a detailed solution proposal for production clients.
- Maintain customer relationships with clients through periodic on-site visits to insure that solutions are adopted and deriving value.
- Testing and validation of customer proposed business configurations
- Deliver senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits to meet clients’ needs
- Ability to relate technical concepts of system applications and user needs
- Compile feedback from end users to identify new system needs
- Initiate actions within SAS to address and/or improve existing system issues, conditions, or processes
- Assist in the response to RFI/RFP’s by crafting thorough, accurate and compelling responses
- May work on consulting projects and special projects as assigned; act as technical lead on projects as assigned (Consulting)
- Work proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects, Product Management and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer
- Apply systems expertise in the support of internal collateral and capabilities
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current SAS solutions/products, as well as their integration and methods of delivery/deployment and ongoing support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or other quantitative field
- Operational experience in financial crimes discipline at a retail, commercial, or investment bank
- 5 years of experience within the banking industry including one of the following:
- Business analyst/systems analyst function within a financial crimes discipline
- Consulting experience serving financial services clients, or
- Industry experience delivering business process re-engineering, change management or technology projects
- Pre-sales experience in AML or fraud detection software industry
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Program Management
- Requirements Gathering/Documentation
- Process Mapping/Documentation
- Technical experience with SQL programming, SAS, or a financial crimes system.
- Comfortable presenting technical concepts to business stakeholders.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as business needs require (avg. 50-75%)
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning technologies including behavioral analysis and robotic process automation.
- Experience applying statistical methodologies to solve business problems (e.g., traditional statistics, decision trees, neural networks, clustering, etc.)
- Knowledge of business intelligence and/or data warehousing/ETL software
- Operational experience with wire or automated clearing house (ACH) systems
- Experience with Entity Link Analysis
- Experience with security and authentication technologies in electronic and mobile payments
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn