The US Communications Business unit is seeking a Client Executive to lead and manage the relationship and team for a strategic Beacon Account (top 10 SAS Account in the world). The CE will successfully align internal resources and partners to sell and support SAS Solutions with a focus on growing overall revenue while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. This person will also lead a team of Account Executives.
- Sales Management / Revenue Generation
- Create, manage and close strategic opportunities within the account.
- Manage and lead a Beacon Account team within the Strategic Account Program.
- Formulate and execute a Strategic Account Plan using the Revegy (crm toolset). Outline a path to expected revenue objectives for the team. Coach the team on the methodology.
- Analyze client, industry and market trends. Review economic, financial, and competitive positioning data to inform sales strategies, analyze impacts, identify new opportunity for SAS.
- Achieve an individual sales quota. Lead the team to achieve quota or achieve individual goals for the assigned account.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of the Telecommunications Industry and specifically AT&T. Must be seen as a thought leader and understand the digital transformation occurring in the industry.
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques; knowledge of software acquisition cycles and buying influences. Has ability to generate new business through strategic-based selling.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate account dynamics; and develop and implement sales plans. Leverages multiple resources and works several projects at once. Separates the critical from the important both individually and for the team. Keeps SAS peers focused on the value add at all times.
- Proficiency in account planning and account management. Leads by example in strategic planning, execution and personal development. Communicates honestly and with respect.
- Negotiates with an understanding of the decision-making process and communicates the value of the entire solution, services and software.
- Ability to formulate and/or recommend sales targets.
- Ability to apply SAS sales methodology, process and skills. Keeps a sense of urgency in concert with a sense of perspective.
- Reframes the client’s present and future business and effectively visualizes the desired scenario to both client’s and colleagues, alike.
- Maintains accurate revenue forecasts for software and services.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Requires eight years of experience in software sales, and ideally two years of experience leading and coordinating sales activities for strategic accounts.
- Experience in Telecommunications Industries, and ideally with AT&T
- Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn