SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our Health and Life Sciences business unit as a Sales Manager. As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of Account Executives who sell SAS software products, solutions and services to provider customers, specifically, in the areas of provider, EMR and integrated health systems.
- Responsible for achievement of total software revenue target and management business objectives (MBOs).
- Plans and implements growth plans for software, consulting services, and education services.
- Directs management of sales and sales support activities for staff members to implement growth plans and sales activities.
- Develop and implement marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed target levels.
- Generate new business through strategic-based selling and managing relationships with key customers.
- Assigns appropriate sales goals and assignments to sales staff; determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for communication with sales management team to coordinate account strategies.
- Responsible for hiring, directing and evaluating staff.
- Works in conjunction with the Strategic Pricing Group to negotiate contracts and bids.
- Formulate business plan to support the business development process.
- Determines equitable sales assignments.
- Responsible for timely and accurate forecasting (PTG) of software, consulting services, and education services.
- Ensures team alignment toward BASE sales approach and utilization of Orion, Account Plans and Opportunity Plan development.
- Coordinates resources for specified sales methodology and promotes and reinforces BASE selling concepts.
- Leads sales representatives in meeting goals in day-to-day performance.
- Interprets sales policies, advises sales executives in the handling of complicated sales and policy issues, and emphasizes the requirement for use of divisionally-adopted sales methodologies.
- Accurately forecasts new and renewal sales on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Hires and is very involved in early and on-going training of new sales executives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven on target achievement record.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the software industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the provider and/or market segments. Knowledge of corporate software acquisition cycles.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or as business needs require.
- Location: Cary, NC based hired or close by to Cary.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Requires five to ten years of software sales and provider/hospital experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn