As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for the sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high-volume, multi-tasking environment to accounts in the Retail Industry.
Your primary responsibilities will also include working with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to grow these accounts; fulfilling a wide range of requests for information from customers; qualifying level of opportunity; prospecting within assigned accounts to uncover business needs; implementing aspects of account management and development; identifying opportunities with high "close" potential, qualifying and forecasting timeframes to close business; working closely with support resources to facilitate timely response to highly-qualified, high-revenue potential leads; preparing standard quotations and proposal information as needed; working with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services; following up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities; developing a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures; and performing other duties as assigned.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- Customizes and sells solution and consulting packages to match account needs with Institute offerings, along with external partnership offerings.
- Utilizes solutions-selling methodology, strategic concepts, and techniques.
- Conducts significant direct contact with customers and travel to customer sites.
- Serves as a resource for team members in all aspects of territory management, policies and procedures, marketing goals and objectives, SAS System applications, hardware platforms, market trends and business and industry knowledge.
- Sets goals and objectives based on evaluation of territory potential and matches company and divisional initiatives.
- Actively participates in sales calls and presentations; identifies goals, evaluates account needs, and designs appropriate demonstrations.
- Applies knowledge of SAS marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, and marketing trends to assess account needs.
- Assumes responsibility for all activity in accounts and new revenue, both software and services, works with consulting staff to position service solutions and leverage sales opportunities.
- Directs internal resources, including Pre-sales and post-sales Services, Contracts, etc. in order to reach objectives.
- Assumes consultative role in dealing with technical issues and interpreting applications needs; prepares customer profiles based on needs analysis of hardware, software, applications, and user levels.
- Prepares complex quotations and proposal information as needed; works to customize quotes and proposals and to coordinate resources across divisions.
- Conducts extensive follow-up with customers to track satisfaction levels and uncover additional opportunities.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest level of management.
- Effectively manages business expenses.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience selling computer software solutions (including related training products and services)
- Track record of success (quota achievement)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Retail and or High Tech Manufacturing industry
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or as business needs require
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques
- Knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences
- Advanced knowledge of Retail industry terminology and concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic selling skills and skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan
- Ability to initiate and lead projects
- Capable of relating technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Experience selling to Retailers & High Tech companies
- Knowledge of SAS solutions and services
- Knowledge of SAS competitor solutions in this space (e.g. Oracle Retail, IBM, JDA, JustEnough, Infor, SAP, Adobe, etc.)
- Preferred Work location: San Francisco Bay Area (will consider other West coast locations depending on qualifications of candidate)
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn