The Technical Account Manager is member of the Health and Life Sciences presales team responsible for establishing and building broad relationships with customer(s). In this role, the Technical Account Manager identifies strategic opportunities, and assists in bringing the necessary domain and SAS expertise to support the development of new sales initiatives as well as existing SAS implementations.
Technical Account Managers communicate and present current SAS technologies and solutions as well as future direction. This role leads teams working with the Account Executive in all customer related activities involving SAS to ensure highest customer satisfaction. Helps to make certain that the customer maximizes the value of their SAS purchase and supports adoption, ultimately resulting in the preservation of our renewal revenue. Provides follow-up support in disseminating technical capabilities across both organizations.
- Engage client at executive and other levels to nurture and enhance relationship.
- Deliver up-to-date information on our capabilities including roadmap and strategic direction.
- Establish and maintain a strategic partnership with the client.
- Serves as the primary technical contact between the Account Executive, Systems Engineer, and other services available on all pre-sales activity.
- Works with SAS Professional Services to coordinate pre-sales efforts with paid consulting opportunity.
- Acts as the strategic advisor to SAS users and customer IT management.
- Serves as a resource to Sales Managers.
- Collaborates with Account Executive in order to pursue relationships and opportunities in parallel to widen the bandwidth of sales activity, build trust with all customer contacts, and to promote and maintain the integrity of the SAS/client relationship.
- Assists the Account Executive in developing and moving sales leads and opportunities forward.
- Works with Account Executive to learn about customer business, identify latent pain, and set priorities on specific action items.
- Partners with sales team to develop and manage overall Account Engagement Plan (AEP) that documents all SSOs, Action Plans, the support resources (SE, consulting, etc.) required for each step, and the timeframes for all elements.
- Compiles status reports and ensures that account action items are completed and/or escalates to appropriate level of management when needed.
- Documents how SAS is being used throughout the account. May periodically recommend changes or enhancements.
- Promotes use of other SAS technology, solutions and resources (consulting, technical support, training, conferences) available to ensure optimal use and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitive marketplace as well as key competitors at client.
- Must have advanced knowledge of SAS technology, architecture and resources.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conceptualize client needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of SAS 9 experience with progressive growth of IT, architecture or software analysis experience within the healthcare setting.
- Minimum of 10 years of sales &/or customer facing experience.
- Knowledge of SAS Grid, SAS programming certification(s), and SAS installation experience is preferred.
- Creation and interpretation of business value through the strategic application of data analytics to support client needs.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills, especially with C-level executives.
- Project Management experience, along with strong problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skill sets.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; experience with leading small teams.
- Location: Geographic proximity to Minneapolis, MN; yet travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations.
- To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment.
- SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn