As a Test Engineer within our Publications division, you will have the opportunity to conduct testing of new and existing software that converts documentation authored in XML to various HTML, PDF and ePub output formats, to ensure quality within timeline expectations during the development cycle for various software products.
- Designs, develops, and executes test plans, scenarios, and/or processes.
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Interacts directly with developers to test program code to ensure software quality and functionality.
- Involves stakeholders to ensure consistency in product and/or feature integration.
- Identifies and verifies defects.
- Participates in project scoping and scheduling; tracks progress of individual tasks and communicates status and risks.
- Reviews relevant documentation.
- Keeps current of the state-of-the-art technology.
- Expected to ask questions and seek assistance as required without prompting.
- Leads relevant team meetings.
- Exercises good judgment as to methods, techniques and evaluation criteria.
- Assists development staff with documentation examples.
- Coordinates testing procedures and schedules.
- Affects the quality of software products by influencing the design and testability during development.
- Plans, implements, and adjusts scheduling strategies based on feature requirements.
- Suggests process improvements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with XML required
- Knowledge of agile test methodologies
- Previous experience with CVS required
- Solid understanding of software testing tools, methodologies and principles.
- Knowledge of SAS products and their applications.
Experience and Education Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- 5+ yrs of experience writing software applications, testing software, and/or general programming
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to take initiative and adapt to changing testing requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with Jira preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of DTDs and Schemas (.xsd) is preferred
- General knowledge of SAS products and their applications is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Jenkins automation is preferred
- Perl and Java experience would be a plus
- Ability to think analytically and to effectively communicate problems and fixes with development, peers and management
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn