As a Development Tester, you will work to support product development in the Health and Life Sciences division. The Development Tester applies software quality assurance and engineering expertise to assure quality throughout the product life cycle. This includes software testing, as well as the definition of appropriate test strategies and test plans.
- Define, document, and execute test plans and procedures.
- Interact directly with developers to assure quality of programs, resolve bugs, and represent customer interests.
- Understand underlying application models, functional requirements, points of integration, migration, and domain.
- Perform verification and QA of algorithms, data sets and reports used in creating and/or analyzing customer data.
- Apply test strategy with varying degrees of coverage and methods: UI, back-end, exploratory, end-to-end, numeric validation.
- Exercise systematic tests; analyzes test results to ensure integrity of functionality and recommend corrective action.
- Exercise good judgment as to methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
- Identify system defects and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Work with developers, analysts, and project managers to identify and mitigate risks to quality.
- Evaluate, track, and verify fixes for final resolution.
- Programming, scripting, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related quantitative field.
- 1+ years of programming experience.
- 1+ year experience with data querying and reporting.
- Associate's degree plus two (2) additional years of the stated essential qualifications.
- High School diploma (GED) plus four (4) additional years of the stated essential qualifications.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, or related quantitative field.
- Experience in Health and Life Sciences domain.
- Knowledge of clinical data management processes and systems.
- Experience using SAS Business Intelligence Architecture and SAS version 9 solutions.
- SAS Certified Advanced Programmer.
- Experience with SAS Macro programming, SQL and data step processing.
- Strong Unix skills.
- Analytical and/or report-writing programming experience.
- Experience in QA or development testing.
- Experience with one or more automation or performance testing tools.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and high-energy team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Solid debugging skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven record of increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn