As part of the US Commercial Presales team, the Sr. Pre-Sales Solutions Architect will assist sales teams with Risk solution sales activities to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and maximize revenue opportunities. This person will develop and enhance personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of the pre-sales process. The Sr. Pre-Sales Solutions Architect – Risk Specialist must possess a strong user-focused knowledge of a range SAS products, including the SAS Risk portfolio. This person will participate in and may lead the design process during customer engagements. They must have the ability to relate technical concepts and business requirements to SAS applications and user needs. Representative engagements include loss reserving (ALLL/CECL/IFRS9, regulatory capital stress testing and assessment (CCAR/DFAST, Basel II/III), PD/LGD/EAD modeling, PPNR/ALLL forecasting, etc.
The Sr. Pre-Sales Solutions Architect – Risk Specialist will use strong problem-solving skills to outline a SAS solution to customer needs. Additionally, they must have excellent public speaking skills both in small and large group settings. The consultant must have the ability to relate technical concepts and business requirements to SAS applications and user needs.
The level of this position may be changed to reflect the experience level of the candidate.
- Builds a trusted relationship with Sales Executives and clients to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of a risk and compliance domain, industry, and SAS solutions to participate in and lead pre-sales activities and increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations. May also assist during implementation/design.
- Participates in discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers with a focus on domain and business value.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS risk offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Utilizes knowledge of broad range of SAS software to design and demonstrate solutions to emerging and unique customer needs using current SAS offerings.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provides support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Participating in, supporting and/or delivering customized Proof of Concepts.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Travel 50% of the time or as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Primary Location: Cary, NC or NY
- Secondary Location: United States
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or other quantitative field preferred
- Minimum of eight years of Banking within a financial institution or consulting firm or at a financial risk software vendor
- Experience with third or fourth generation language computer programing and risk modeling is preferred, such as PD/LGD modeling in retail and/or commercial banking space
- Must have experience with SAS Risk solutions, including ECL. Preferably Risk experts that have mastered the SAS Risk solutions – both from a functional standpoint as well as deep understanding of how to configure the solution.
- Can comfortably present and customize demos as needed.
- Can configure the solution for Proof of Concepts (POC’s), ability to run end-to-end POC’s from a functional and technical standpoint.
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Additional risk domain knowledge considered valuable – market risk, credit risk, enterprise risk, and/or operational risk. Finance experience a plus
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems, and to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Expertise in regulatory compliance guidelines such as CECL/IFRS9, CCAR, DFAST, Basel II/III etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn