SAS Solutions OnDemand Technical Account Managers (TAMs) are specialized Managed Services professionals who work with customers to ensure that the SAS solutions meet and evolve with the business needs.
Our TAM's possess knowledge of the unique technical environments, industry best practices, and current and future SAS solutions. In addition, the TAM's provide a valuable partnership that optimizes collaboration with the extended SAS network of professionals to help realize premier customer service.
- Manages assigned Enterprise Accounts that have transitioned to the Managed Services team.
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within SAS (voice of the customer).
- Function as a front-line Managed Services technical resource for best practices, standards and preventative maintenance.
- Working hands on with customer technical resources to mitigate and debug hosting issues.
- Participate in a required Major Incident Management on-call rotation, to assist in driving and coordinating resolution, including calls, escalations (both technical and hierarchic), coordinating all incident support activities with global 24x7 teams, documenting events, and conducting post-mortem reviews.
- Analyses incidents and problems to proactively prevent the occurrence of further incidents and problems.
- Ensure effective and timely communication while working collaboratively with relevant parts of the business, sharing knowledge and best practice to optimize performance.
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication with all involved parties.
- Prepare documentation of known faults and resolutions for customer consumption.
- Providing detailed reporting and reviews of service disruptions, metrics, and SLA adherence.
- Collaborating on technical issues with SAS Global Hosting and SAS IT teams to drive issue resolution, ensuring root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of technical / IT consulting, applications configuration and/or technical account management.
- Experience in Networking / Data Center Operations.
- Understanding of multi-tiered application architecture and configuration.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- Expertise with Cloud / SaaS applications and infrastructure.
- Understanding of SAS products and database structures.
- Experience with Service Now.
- Strong fault finding/ diagnostics/ trouble-shooting skills.
- Proficiency in process formulation and process improvement.
- Strong working knowledge of IT operations and support organizations.
- Strong customer service focus, excellent communication skills – both oral and written, and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to set priorities and deliver objectives without the need of day-to-day supervision.
- Must be a self-starter, work independently and be able to work well under pressure.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification preferred but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak at an appropriate technical and business level for the audience and prepare written proposals and recommendations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships effectively.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; ability to handle multiple workstreams /demands simultaneously while adapting to constantly changing requirements.
- A focus on Customer/business satisfaction, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness.
- Passionate about customer service and acts with immediacy and urgency.
- Experience with Capacity Planning / Capacity Management Services.
- Experience with Service Level Management.
- Experience with database programming performing simple queries, writing scripts, and generating reports.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development.
- 10% travel or less.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn