SAS is seeking an innovative product manager to help drive intelligence and automation in all SAS products. Our goal is to make machine learning fair, interpretable and transparent. You should be a self-starter and a strong collaborator as you will be working with other product teams to embed the prior mentioned capabilities.
Experience in leveraging statistics, machine Learning, deep learning, and other data analysis techniques in building business applications and processes is a must. You will work with a team of passionate AI and machine learning developers whose motto is: “we seek to enable intelligent automation and more human-like interactions with SAS software”.
This role requires a strategic thinker. You have a two years view of where you want the technologies to end up, but balance it with what the team needs to deliver in near term. You should be curious and adaptable – this is an evolving space, things will change. Finally, we expect you to be authentic and accountable - work hard, be committed to excellence and deliver results.
- Own the vision for adding automation, intelligence and interpretability to all products in the SAS product portfolio
- Passionate evangelist of products and advocate for the end user; cultivate close relationships with customers and bring their needs into product planning
- Inspire and work closely with R&D to prioritize new product features based on market requirements, available resources, and product release cycle timelines.
- Manage development partner relationships; Analyze and make recommendations regarding potential partner relationships; Knowledge of competitive portfolio products
- Provide technical content for marketing materials and develop strong product positioning and competitive differentiation messages
- Provide technical enablement to presales, PSD, technical support, and enablement teams worldwide, with the goal to enable SAS customers to develop automated solutions that address specific business problems
- Support the SAS presence at trade shows, conferences, and other industry events
- Provide support for strategic sales opportunities as needed
- Coordinate with various global virtual teams and build alignment across cross-functional teams
- Other duties as directed
- Master’s or PhD degree, preferably in Data science, computer science, machine learning, engineering, statistics, or a related quantitative discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience in direct product management / development – owning a directly relevant product or one related to machine learning or natural language processing applied to consume, web, cloud/IoT or mobile domains
- Entrepreneurial and experienced in working with resource constrained teams to deliver outstanding successes
- Two years of experience analyzing data and building machine learning models.
- Familiarity with one or more Open Source Platforms/Frameworks: scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
- Ability to program in SAS or open source language such as Python and R.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field with an additional 5 years of stated essential qualifications.
- Excellent understanding of product management and related marketing methodologies.
- Superior project management, organizational, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate complex technical and business information for diverse audiences. Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time (as the job requires)
- Demonstrated understanding of analytical techniques and experience in applying them to solve business problems
- Working knowledge of machine learning tools such as Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning, Enterprise Miner, DataRobot, RapidMiner, Dataiku
- Natural hacker and learner who keeps up with latest AI trends
- Background with handling big data and building high load environment
- Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services
- Design-centric: You understand design and know the difference between UX and UI
- Data-driven decision making and history of instrumenting and interpreting A/B test
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn