The Retail Industry Consultant leverages extensive industry expertise and networks to drive revenue growth. Creates and delivers credible and unique viewpoints to differentiate SAS in the market. Actively works with sales teams and partners in support of sales opportunities and provides strategic impact to the industry sales go-to-market plans.
- Provides direct industry/business domain sales support through sales calls, customer visits and presentations contributing to new revenue generation.
- Responsible for sales tool development, including use cases and proof of concepts.
- Coaches the sales force on industry focused account strategies and leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Supports sales enablement through sales and partner training programs.
- Leads customer engagements (e.g. solution/domain enablement, discovery, value quantification, best practices) in support of pre- and post-sales activities.
- Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles, blogs and white papers. Speaks at internal and external industry events. Develop workshops to educate sales/marketing team.
- Identifies industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats. Coordinates with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues, then aligns SAS’ position based on business unit market requirements.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and demonstrations to customers at the highest levels of management.
- Identifies sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Ability to drive incremental revenue.
- Demonstrated Industry relationships and credibility.
- Specialized knowledge in a key solution area or industry.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Good project management and facilitation skills.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Public speaking experience.
- Must be willing to travel up to 75%. This will include International travel.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn