SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated individuals to join our growing Health & Life Sciences division as a Senior Account Executive. We are considering candidates with software sales experience selling to large Health Payer accounts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sales of SAS solutions and services across their customer's enterprise within in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Position and leverage sales opportunities to grow and retain dedicated, strategic customers at all levels within their organization.
- Understand complex business needs of assigned account and qualify types and levels of opportunities in or out accordingly.
- Implement aspects of strategic account management and development.
- Work closely with SAS management and executive teams.
- Create, negotiate and finalize contracts with cross-functional teams.
- Manage customer satisfaction levels and coordinate/delegate value-adding activities.
- Develop a working understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of eight years of experience selling enterprise class software solutions.
- Proven track record of exceeding quota targets in software sales.
- Ability to successfully manage and navigate a large Health Payer account, including all affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Ability to be at customer's site(s) 2-3 out of 5 days of the week building rapport and working directly with customer to solve complex business problems.
- Ability to travel as business needs require, at least 50% of the time.
- Proven track record of delivering multi-year, complex solutions that positively impact customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, MIS or related field.
- Knowledge and fluency of strategic sales techniques to evaluate territory and to develop and implement a successful sales plan.
- Knowledge of enterprise hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Knowledge of the Health Payer industry technology, terminology, concepts and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to initiate, lead and/or delegate projects.
- Ability to relate technical and business needs of customer to SAS solutions.
- Experience selling software solutions to multiple divisions within a large Health Payer account.
- Experience selling to CIGNA and all affiliates/subsidiaries.
- Thorough understanding of how to position advanced analytics software solutions to solve business problems facing Health Plans.
- Experience selling competitive software products or similar analytical products.
- Work location: Hartford, CT or Boston, MA or New York, NY.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations.
- To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment.
- SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn