As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for the sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high-volume, multi-tasking environment to accounts in the Communications Industries.
Your primary responsibilities will be to close new business and then make our customers successful with their SAS investment. This will also will include working with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to grow these accounts; fulfilling a wide range of requests for information from customers; qualifying level of opportunity; prospecting within assigned accounts to uncover business needs; implementing aspects of account management and development; identifying opportunities with high "close" potential, qualifying and forecasting timeframes to close business; working closely with support resources to facilitate timely response to highly-qualified, high-revenue potential leads; preparing standard quotations and proposal information as needed; working with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services; following up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities; developing a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures; and performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or quantitative field.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience selling computer software solutions (including related training products and services).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Communications industry.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or as business needs require.
- Work locations: NJ, NY and Cary, NC.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques.
- Knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Advanced knowledge of the Communications industry’s terminology and concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic selling skills and skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects.
- Capable of relating technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Experience selling to Communications customers.
- Proven track record of making annual sales quota.
- Knowledge of SAS solutions and services.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations.
- To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn