SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
In this role you will be responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts within the Energy and Manufacturing Industry.
- Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and type of account.
- Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecast time frames to close business.
- Works closely with account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develops a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Applies knowledge of company marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs.
- Recommends appropriate solutions.
- Works closely with virtual sales team, account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Assists in evaluation of territory or account potential; uses solution-selling methodology, pipeline management and forecasting to identify accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecasts time frames to close business.
- Develops action plans to close business for accounts.
- Develops plans to identify accounts that have the potential for further development and executes them.
- Teams with account managers and executives on strategic account development opportunities.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Engineering, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
- Five years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
- Experience selling into the Energy and Manufacturing Industry
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn