SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
As a Senior IT Service Management Analyst, you will be responsible for improving ITIL-aligned ITSM process maturity and compliance. This position plays an important role in SAS’s global operational excellence strategies. As a subject matter expert in service management, the Service Management Analyst has a primary focus on Event Management process in addition to working together with other members in improving and operating other processes. These processes include Service Catalog, Change, Configuration, Incident and Problem Management. This role will lead projects to identify and execute improvements in processes and tools and will also lead daily operational activities, carry out activities as assigned, and measure process quality and compliance. This role will provide support, guidance, and training to the IT community and assist with the promotion and communication of the process to all parties involved.
- Implement, operate and improve IT service operation for all processes, with a focus on IT Event Management
- Maintain and improve IT Event actions and responses.
- Be a champion of the Event Management and all other ITSMO processes
- Assist with training others on Event Management
- Collaborate with service owners to gather facts and identify improvement opportunities on operational processes and tools.
- Lead the rollout of new processes or improvements to existing processes or tools and systems, and provide necessary training to the operation team.
- Ensure process adoption and compliance through communication and training.
- Work closely with IT service owners and business partners for continual service improvement.
- Monitor the daily operation of the ITSM processes to ensure good execution and compliance, identify and address any incompliance or cross technology process improvement initiatives.
- Assist as a subject matter expert for process integration and automation opportunities.
- Recommend improvements regarding processes, reporting, communication, training and tools.
- Provide support and proposal to service owners with a view to continuously improving service quality.
- Maintain the documentation & knowledge articles that support IT service management processes.
- Organize training and communications to promote the IT service management processes and practices in IT and user community.
- Collaborate with service owners and teams to ensure that all applicable IT policies and procedures are followed.
- Define process, policies and standards
- Develop reporting and KPIs on Event Process
- Assist in maturing all SMO processes:
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Services Portfolio Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Superior written and verbal skills
- Ability to provide leadership for project management methods
- Demonstrate experience with the working environment which applies to the scope of projects to be managed (may include software development, information technology or business process projects)
- Experience with ServiceNow
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn