Responsible for contributing to the achievement of SAS’s strategic objective and total account management through the implementation of sales and marketing strategy within a defined region or industry.
- Responsible for achievement of total software revenue target.
- Plans and implements growth plans, including sales, consulting services, and education services.
- Directs management of sales and sales support activities for staff members to implement growth plans and sales activities.
- Develop and implement marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed agreed levels of profitable sales.
- Generate new business through strategic-based selling and managing relationship with key customers.
- Assigns appropriate sales goals to sales staff; determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for communication with sales management team to coordinate account strategies.
- Responsible for hiring, directing and evaluating staff for the region.
- Works in conjunction with the Strategic Pricing Group to negotiate contracts and bids.
- Formulate business plan to support the business development process.
- Determines equitable sales assignments.
- Coordinates resources for specified sales methodology and promotes and reinforces Solutions Selling concepts.
- Leads sales representatives in meeting goals in day-to-day performance.
- Interprets sales policies, advises sales executives in the handling of complicated sales and policy issues, and emphasizes the requirement for use of divisionally-adopted sales methodologies.
- Accurately forecasts new and renewal sales on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Hires and is very involved in early and on-going training of new sales executives.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Eight years of experience in software sales, including two years in a leadership role, coordinating and/or supervising technical projects within the technology industry.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target.
- Work Location of Detroit MI area
- Ability to travel up to 50% or as business needs require
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the hardware and software industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least three industries and/or market segments. Knowledge of corporate/government software or hardware acquisition cycles.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Industry experience in the related following industries:
- Banking/financial services
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn