The Industry Consultant provides strategic support to SAS Sales in achieving revenue targets and to Solution implementation by providing industry/business domain, change management consulting, and public policy expertise; developing an industry/business domain viewpoint on SAS Offerings and their alignment to public policy goals, along with appropriate representation of that vision to clients. The Industry Consultant must articulate SAS capabilities, but most importantly must translate how SAS will uniquely position clients for a variety of functional and operational benefits including accomplishment of desired policy outcomes and program effectiveness.
The successful candidate would be one who has the expert skills and high level experience in operationalizing analytics or information technology, can communicate well and the ability to help clients in solving complex big data analytics problems. Someone who is easy to work with and has a passion for helping clients solve complex problems, providing strategic guidance, advisement and directives to internal and external stakeholders, in addition to executing on certain functions directly, recognizing the importance of serving as an industry/domain expert in a support role.
- Participate in recurring validation of project progress and requirements
- Build customer references and support strategic opportunity growth through project expansion and identification of new sales opportunities.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers including policymakers, decision-makers, operational management, and end users.
- Provide business process improvement observations and change management consultation to facilitate organization adoption and engagement with analytic solutions.
- Provide regular and recurring on-site engagement to all levels of the customer base as needed.
- Assist delivery team and customer in tactical and strategic issue resolution, seeking to resolve issues at the team level while escalating critical issues in a timely manner to ensure collaboration of resources to resolve issues.
- Facilitate the delivery of solution value to the customer, facilitating customer preparedness, training, deployment and value/ROI measurement.
- Provides guidance and insight to internal and external stakeholders to develop quality analytics to help drive improved outcomes.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest levels of management and decision-making.
- Facilitates key customer workshops to educate and inform customer of SAS capabilities.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Identifies competitor advances in the market.
- Identifies sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
- Some travel required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline
- Requires 8 (or more) years of experience working in the State or Local Government industry with hands-on advanced analytics experience, experience facilitating large government programs with multi-agency coordination or supporting sales efforts for complex integrated systems
- Experience presenting to government leaders and elected officials
- Experience with policy at the federal, state or local level
- Work location: Nashville, TN
- Good project management and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Deep knowledge of current issues and trends with data integration and advanced analytics applications within state and local government agencies
- Ability to relate current industry issues and trends to SAS offerings
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.