SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Work as part of a team to build Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) automation for SAS Infrastructure teams, create and automate ServiceNow Catalog items for self-service as well as other general automation. Focus on virtualization technologies, primarily VMware ESXi, and building automation to enhance internal services and improve internal customer experiences. Utilize REST architecture and current web technologies. Projects offer opportunities to design and architect automated solutions, implement high-value automation, and frequently communicate with stakeholders. Fast-paced environment with shifting priorities to meet internal customer requirements.
Primary Responsibilities for this Role Include:
- Designs and writes new or revised program language code or processing routines.
- Develops and review operator and control instructions.
- Prepares and conducts system and program tests requiring the interfacing of hardware and software.
- Performs programming tasks including program design, coding, debugging, and documentation.
- Prepares feasibility studies and designs tests to determine operating characteristics of software as required.
- Verifies and tracks "bugs" isolated by other groups.
- Work with Infrastructure engineering and operations teams to solve and automate resolution for reoccurring incidents.
- Develop examples for demonstrations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- VMware ESXI administration
- Familiarity with one or more operating systems
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer and/or Systems Developer
- Advanced level experience debugging and troubleshooting system interoperability
- Advanced level software design and development experience
- Experience with Python
- Experience with VMware API
- Experience with Django web framework
- Experience with Shell scripting (PowerShell, Bash, PERL, etc.)
- Experience with SQL, MySQL or other relational databases.
- Experience with lifecycle systems management (Foreman)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with networking technologies (firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, routers, VPNs) and/or Cisco Certification(s)
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Proven leadership on technical projects of extreme complexity
- Collaborative team experience with superior problem-solving skills
- RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or high level of Linux knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to manage projects and interface with employees of varying skillsets in a high-pressure environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn