SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
The IT Enterprise Solutions division is seeking an experienced and talented Enterprise Architect with domain expertise related to Customer Experience systems and processes.
- Develop current, transitional, and future-state architectures related to business and operational systems intended to improve customer experience.
- Contribute to thought leadership for solutions in support of a positive Customer Experience
- Create design documents and diagrams with supporting justification for architectural choices and organizes detailed documentation about technical specialties.
- Promote the use of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows.
- Ensure that enterprise systems and/or strategic projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies.
- Collaborate with other architects and provide a consensus-based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and synchronized with the ever-changing business needs.
- Partner with implementation teams to manage risks associated with information and IT assets through the development, use and promotion of the appropriate standards and security policies.
- Work to settle architecture differences or conflicts across the various architecture layers in the enterprise.
- Work with multiple business and IT stakeholders to demonstrate and show business value of enterprise wide, shared infrastructure or to show value of any new strategic platforms being considered.
- Work with business and technical staff to capture and validate integration requirements for the project, using industry standard integration.
- Decide and enforce design decisions that have a broad impact.
- Write source material for white papers and user documentation of architecture.
- Set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction; maintain an up-to-date knowledge of SAS functional business needs as a context for technological research & recommendations.
- Mentor developers & junior architects in best practices and encourage the flow of information and understanding amongst teams.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- Twelve or more years of experience building complex, highly-scalable, distributed software systems including substantial experience working as a senior architect on multiple projects
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
- Experience architecting enterprise wide systems integration
- Experience architecting systems for cloud technologies
- Industry experience with systems used for customer support, such as telephony, sales and/or service
- Exposure to customer journey mapping from both customer and agent perspective, as well as multi-channel
- In-depth understanding of system software design in areas such as user experience, artificial intelligence and human factor design
- Ability to deliver standard, customized and/or strategic solution demonstrations & presentations outlining functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of technological solutions as they apply to SAS business needs.
- Ability to document complex architectural concepts and solutions in both business and technical terms
- Experience utilizing common EA frameworks (e.g. TOGAF) and tools (e.g. BizzDesign)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication, organizational, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn & retain complex business processes and technical details.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time across multiple activities
- Proven track record of delivering on schedule.
- Ability to work independently & with a team.
- Successful design and implementation in a significant transformational project
- Experience working with API hosting tools in house or in an external cloud
- Experience of integrating with on-site and 3rd party cloud applications
- Proven track record of working in an agile methodology
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn