SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Can you apply creative thinking to large data sets to solve customer business problems? Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your analytic skills across a wide variety of industries? The SAS Advanced Analytics Lab (AAL) is seeking talented individuals to help our customers bridge the gap between the data they have and the solutions they need.
As a member of the SAS Advanced Analytics Lab (AAL), you will support customer analytic business needs through requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Analyzing large volumes of customer data for accuracy and consistency.
- Translating business requirements into analytic methods, building analytic models, and presenting results.
- Automating analytic processes.
- Developing and enhancing custom software tools.
- Assisting in quality assurance efforts for all AAL projects.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or a related quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis or analytical consulting.
- 1+ year of experience programming in the SAS System
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
- Experience with financial risk, data management, and regulatory capital stress testing and assessment, and loss reserving (ALLL, IFRS9/CECL).
- Expertise in regulatory compliance guidelines such as CCAR, DFAST, Basel II/III, Solvency II, etc.
- Additional risk domain experience: market risk, credit risk, enterprise risk, operational risk, etc.
- Modeling experience including PD/LGD/EAD etc.
- Experience in accounting, financial, or tax industry domains/verticals.
- Willing to relocate or currently located in the Cary, NC area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve customers' complex business problems using innovative analytical processes and techniques.
- Familiarity with data mining approaches.
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
- Ability to work independently and with a team environment.
- Proven record of handling increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to travel as business requirements dictate, up to 25%.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn