SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
This individual completes assigned Facilities HVAC/R Commercial equipment maintenance and repair service tasks received from an automated system or as directly communicated. Works independently or assists other technicians in recognizing operational issues, performing diagnostics and implementing repairs on various types complex Commercial Mechanical HVAC and Refrigeration systems and components. Must have excellent communications skills and be able to work as an individual or as a team member to maintain a high quality comfortable work environment within a large commercial office complex.
- Carries out assignments for Service Repair of a variety of Commercial HVAC/R Equipment to include; Cooling Towers, Chillers, Gas Fired Boilers, Split System Heat Pumps, Rooftop Package Units, VAVs, Air handlers, Intake/Exhaust Fans, Fresh air systems and associated controls components using hand tools, refrigerant leak detectors, oxygen/acetylene torches, vacuum pumps, refrigerant gauges and electrical test equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance of a large variety of commercial systems such as; replacement of air filters, cleaning of coils, testing operations, equipment inspections, greasing of chassis parts, belt replacements/adjustments, refrigerant charge adjustments, vent cleaning and airflow adjustments
- Monitors and completes all assigned customer service requests from campus employees such as Hot/Cold calls, issue reports, indoor air quality issues and airflow adjustments requiring the use of a building management system, hand test tools and excellent customer interaction skills.
- Performs Hot work, leak repairs and major sealed system component replacements using Oxygen/Acetylene torches and submits for hot work permits as needed.
- Oversee contracted vendors performing routine maintenance type work, contracted repairs and major HVAC/R equipment replacement projects to assure all work is performed properly and records maintained.
- Follows all safety guidelines and standards of National Mechanical/Gas and NEC Codes while adhering to OSHA and NFPA70E Electrical Safety Standards.
- May perform scheduled inspections, service repairs and maintenance for swimming pool pumps, environmental control equipment, piping, filter systems, boilers and associated equipment in a Natatorium facility.
- Assist techs in performance of major repairs
- Performs routine maintenance tasks independently
- Performs basic temperature and airflow adjustments
- Interacts with customers
- Performs other duties, as assigned and may be required to assist other Facilities departments if need arises.
- Type II refrigeration handling certification
- Two years of experience in Commercial HVAC/R mechanical service, maintenance and repair occupation
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- Basic knowledge of regulations and guidelines concerning HVAC equipment
- Understands and has knowledge of electrical test equipment
- Good reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills required
- Has a good understanding and experience working with 480v 3ph commercial equipment
- Ability to use Oxygen/Acetylene torches effectively for installation and repair of seal refrigeration lines and components
- Ability to work from areal lifts/platforms and ladders
- Ability to routinely lift and move heavy objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to operate hand tools and power tools, and test equipment.
- Valid North Carolina driver's license
- Universal refrigerant certification
- Experience working with 3 phase and single phase systems
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. . SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn