SAS Global Customer Advisory Academy – Associate Systems Engineer
The SAS Global Customer Advisory Academy is an 18 week training program that prepares participants for a career as a SAS Systems Engineer. The program provides hands on concentrated technical training in SAS’ core technology (advanced analytics, data management and visualization), consultative skills and methodology, product positioning and business practices and equips trainees with the necessary skills to succeed.
Candidates hired for this position will participate in the training program at SAS' global headquarters in Cary, NC (USA) beginning January 28, 2019.
Upon completion of the Academy training program, you will work as an Associate Systems Engineer responsible for providing technical assistance for pre-sale and/or post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of SAS’ software and solutions, architecture and industry specific technology.
As an Associate System Engineer, you will:
- Work with the sales team on technical activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide consultative services, including architecture recommendations to support proposed solution and possess technical aptitude to solve complex big data business problems based on SAS core competencies in advanced analytics, data management, and visualization.
- Ability to understand customer pain points, translate business requirements into SAS technical products/solutions and link to business value.
- Identify appropriate architecture, applications, tools, and solutions for targeted customer accounts.
- Prepare technical demonstrations, proof of concepts, and value presentations based on client needs.
- Conduct discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business technical requirements during the sales cycle to support the sales team and to contribute to the detailed solution proposal.
- Develop familiarity with SAS’ corporate objectives and initiatives, product positioning, and technology roadmaps.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related quantitative field.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Academic projects or work experience in information technology, engineering, and/or business analysis.
- Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities.
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to the United States for 18 weeks of training and return to the business unit of hire after successful completion of the program.
- Strong academic performance (Minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Candidate must have the ability to travel as business needs dictate.
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and present to users from various technical backgrounds.
- Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching.
- Enjoys working on a team and contributing to the overall success of the sales team.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Experience programming in languages such as R, Python, SAS, Lau or similar.
- Knowledge of software development life cycles and agile development.
- Understanding of Unix/ Linux or other operating systems.
- Familiarity with cloud and cloud providers.
- This is an entry-level position.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work in the United States during the 18 week training program.
- To qualify, applicants must have graduated from their university within the last 2-3 years, must be either a local citizen or permanent resident, and have a valid passport.
- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
- Hirevue On Demand Virtual Interviews September - October.
- On Site Interviews October - November.
- Offers November – December.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF). Also view the supplement EEO is the Law (PDF), and the notice Pay Transparency (PDF).