SAS is seeking an innovative product manager to help drive strategy and deliver Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications focusing on conversational interfaces: chatbots, voicebots, and virtual assistants. If you love your digital assistant, if you are intrigued by the increasing anthropomorphism in software, devices and appliances around you, this is THE role for you! You will work with a team of passionate AI and machine learning developers whose motto is: “we seek to enable more human-like interactions with SAS software”. You will be a self-starter who will not only bring to market the above technologies but will also collaborate with other teams to embed such interfaces across the SAS Platform.
This role requires a strategic thinker. You have a two years view of where you want the technologies to end up, but balance it with what the team needs to deliver in near term. You should be curious and adaptable – this is an evolving space, things will change. Finally, we expect you to be authentic and accountable - work hard, be committed to excellence and deliver results.
- Own the product vision; demonstrate technical acumen in developing ‘MVP Tests’ to prove (or disprove) your product hypothesis
- Passionate evangelist of products and advocate for the end user; cultivate close relationships with customers and bring their needs into product planning
- Inspire and work closely with R&D to prioritize new product features based on market requirements, available resources, and product release cycle timelines.
- Manage development partner relationships; Analyze and make recommendations regarding potential partner relationships; Knowledge of competitive portfolio products
- Provide technical content for marketing materials and develop strong product positioning and competitive differentiation messages
- Provide technical enablement to presales, PSD, technical support, and enablement teams worldwide, with the goal to enable SAS customers to develop AI-based solutions that address specific business problems
- Support the SAS presence at trade shows, conferences, and other industry events
- Provide support for strategic sales opportunities as needed
- Coordinate with various global virtual teams and build alignment across cross-functional teams
- Other duties as directed
- Master’s or PhD degree, preferably in cognitive science, computer science, linguistics, psychology, statistics, or a related quantitative discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience in direct product management / development – owning a directly relevant product or one related to machine learning or natural language processing applied to consumer web, cloud/IoT or mobile domains
- Entrepreneurial and experienced in working with resource constrained teams to deliver outstanding successes
- Strong background in two or more areas: conversational interfaces, natural language processing (NLP), enterprise search / question answering, speech-to-text, machine learning, data analytics, artificial intelligence (AI)
- Solid understanding the chatbot/IVR landscape and hands on experience utilizing API frameworks like Lex, Cortana, API.ai, wit.ai, or equivalents.
- Familiarity with one or more Open Source Platforms/Frameworks: Neural networks (Tensorflow, Theano, Pytorch), Search (Lucene, Elastic Search), Web applications (Django, node.js)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field with an additional 5 years of stated essential qualifications.
- Excellent understanding of product management and related marketing methodologies.
- Superior project management, organizational, and analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to translate complex technical and business information for diverse audiences. Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time (as the job requires)
- Demonstrated understanding of analytical techniques and experience in applying them to solve business problems
- Natural hacker and learner who keeps up with latest AI trends
- Experience with multimedia processing (e.g. speech-to-text, video search) is a strong plus.
- Experience in virtual reality (VR) / augmented reality (AR) is a strong plus
- Background with handling big data and building high load environment
- Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services
- Design-centric: You understand design and know the difference between UX and UI
- Data-driven decision making and history of instrumenting and interpreting A/B test
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. . SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn