As an Analytics Consultant at SAS, you will provide analytical services independently or jointly with other departments to current and prospective customers. You will develop statistical and analytical applications including SAS solution implementations for consulting sessions using knowledge of analytical methods and related SAS procedures and products.
- Provide statistical and/or analytical consulting services for customer engagements.
- Translate customer business needs into data requirements and analytical techniques.
- Conduct customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of Base SAS software/SAS STAT/SAS OR procedures.
- Support data acquisition, validation, cleaning/preparation, and management from incoming data sources to facilitate analysis.
- Contribute and/or review proposals, documentation and publications.
- Serve as analytical lead for services that contain a statistical/analytical component.
- Meet with on-site consulting clients and prospective clients while providing leadership to analytical team.
- Assist in the estimation and development of the scopes for consulting projects.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a quantitative field.
- 4+ years of experience analyzing data.
- 3+ years of experience coding in Python or SAS.
- Industry experience: Banking, Financial Services, Telecom, or Retail.
- Experience working remotely and on a team.
- SANS certification.
- Conducting virtual and in person briefings on a range of security and analytic topics.
- Strong comprehension of network and endpoint security.
- Previous experience working with large and fast data volumes.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Public speaking, consulting, or classroom teaching experience.
- Strong aptitude with at least two operating systems.
- Ability to communicate with and instruct people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users.
- Ability to gain knowledge of SAS analytical offerings and put code into production systems.
- The ability to successfully manage customer requirements involving large data volumes that require analytical solutions.
- 25% - 50% travel required.
You may work remotely, telecommute, or you may work at the nearest SAS facility for this role.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn