SAS IoT Commercial specializes in converting IoT market opportunities into value capture revenue sharing relationships or working with new clients to introduce new products, services, or margin improvements.
We are seeking senior strategic business development leaders with an interest and understanding of the markets and ecosystems of the Internet of Things (IoT) to focus on growing our Financial Services and Insurance IoT channels including but not limited to: Banking, Card Providers, Insurance providers, Equipment Leasing, Investment Firms, etc.
- Responsible for overall performance of the assigned vertical and achievement of strategic objectives and revenue targets.
- Proactively execute strategic business plan for assigned vertical that will be used to achieve/exceed revenue goal.
- Develops go to market plans for IoTc solutions with multiple distribution approaches; identifies market segments with high "close" potential, qualifies, advances opportunity through milestone steps of sales cycle and forecast time frames to close business
- Develop, manage, and establish successful IoT channel and partner relationships.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of Financial Services and Insurance marketplace applicable to IoT
- Develop and manage key customer relationships and help close strategic sales opportunities
- Identify and influence key stakeholders at all levels within partner organizations and SAS to build relationships, enhance SAS IoT brand, generate and develop ideas, and pursue opportunities that will result in alternate routes to market and increased revenue
- Demonstrate value- and trust-based business development and selling skills with a deep understanding of the customer’s needs
- Develop and maintain the multi-year strategic account plan for strategic IoT partners to meet or exceed customer objectives and SAS revenue goals
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry including trends, business processes, financial measures, performance indicators and key competitors
- Applies knowledge of company marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, business trends, and industry knowledge to assess emerging IoT solution requirements.
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization with global responsibility and distribution of resources.
- Works closely with virtual sales team, account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Assists in evaluation of territory or account potential; utilizing strategic selling methodologies, pipeline management and forecasting to identify accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecasts time frames to close business.
- Develops action plans to close business for emerging initiatives group solutions
- Develops plans to identify emerging initiatives group solutions that have the potential for further development and executes them.
- Teams with pre-sales resources and executives on strategic account development opportunities.
- Ability to travel
- 8+ years sales and/or management experience. Will also consider 5+ years of relevant consulting experience
- Knowledge of modern sales techniques
- Understanding of various distribution and partnership models is a plus
- Knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences is a plus
- Experience with equipment lease finance is a plus
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn