SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We build software for the world's most talented thinkers. That means we need to push boundaries daily. At SAS, you’ll be encouraged to use your imagination and constantly try new things.
The Risk Solutions development team is focused on the creation of risk and finance related applications across the Banking and Insurance sectors. As a valued member of this dynamic team you will be on the crossroads between:
- the creation and ongoing support of the regulatory contents for various Risk Solutions,
- supporting SAS customers in several countries to ensure they can make best use of our risk products,
- supporting SAS sales and assist in achieving revenue targets by providing industry/business domain expertise in Risk Management and Finance.
You will have the opportunity to acquire a wide range of business and technical skills, gain first-hand experience on best risk management practices, and experiment with the latest technology on the market.
Are you up for the challenge?
We will ask you to:
- Help designing new products, bring new ideas and transform them into action, from prototypes to finished products. Think big!
- Develop and maintain regulatory risk software across banking and insurance for a portfolio of Risk Solutions related to Stress Testing, IFRS9, CECL, IFRS17, Solvency 2, Market Risk, Underwriting risk and more. You will be involved in all stages of the software product creation process.
- Participate in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership.
- Support implementation services on/off site for the SAS Risk portfolio of solutions, involved in all stages of the project implementation phase.
- We may ask you to travel, covering a wide geographical area that includes Europe and Asia.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Base SAS, SAS Macros, Java, C/C++, Matlab, R, Python.
- Must be familiar with fundamental Statistics and Probability concepts.
- Understanding of Relational Data Models and experience with writing efficient SQL queries
- Understanding of and/or exposure to Finance and Risk Management topics
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Computer Science, MIS, Math, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience with IT technologies to support Finance and Risk processes is valued, namely programming experience in finance and risk models and/or algorithms.
- Certificates in Risk Management and Accounting Standards are also valued.
Ready to Start?
To prepare you for this, you’ll attend a 16-week technical training program in Cary, NC. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Support Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You’ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to provide support for enterprise-class SAS software applications and/or solutions, and at the end of the program, you will have the opportunity to achieve no less than six professional SAS certifications.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF). Also view the supplement EEO is the Law (PDF), and the notice Pay Transparency (PDF).
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.