Do you enjoy solving problems while learning something new daily? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with other knowledgeable professionals and thought leaders? Do you want to help financial institutions mitigate risk and improve sustainability? If this excites you then SAS Risk and Quantitative Solutions is the place for you! As a Senior Associate Analytical Consultant, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with consultants from across many divisions of the company to develop and share new ideas, techniques, and approaches for implementing projects using a wide array of SAS software. You will work with industry-leading software, tools, and resources to develop solutions that address our customers’ computing and risk management challenges.
To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS Risk and Quantitative Solutions, you’ll attend a 14-week consulting training program. In addition to providing soft skills training, the training program focuses on core SAS technology areas. You’ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to build and implement software to meet the complex computing needs of our customers. During the training, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve six professional SAS certifications.
Upon completion of the training program, you will work as a Senior Associate Analytical Consultant on the Risk Team to provide consulting services to clients, including solution development and software implementation at customer sites. You will assist in key strategic initiatives by developing and distributing best practices, building software use cases based on actual customer implementations, and analyzing customer feedback. You may also assist sales teams with technical sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction. You will be part of the US Risk Consulting team and participate in opportunities within all verticals of Financial Services (Capital Markets, Banking and Insurance) as well as Treasury and Trading operations of non-financial firms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding, utilizing and communicating best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.Working and collaborating with others on consulting projects and special projects.
- Leveraging detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains
- Participating in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Providing reliable delivery of targeted project results through the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Communicating best practices to risk consulting teams globally through formal trainings, technical documentation, and hands-on demonstrations.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or relevant coursework and/or field experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Analytics, Economics, Physics, or a related quantitative field.
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
- Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities.
- Must be a passionately curious, dedicated life-long learner with an analytical mind and strong communication skills specifically when conveying technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
- Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel internationally and domestically as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex math and statistical concepts to an executive audience
- Work or academic experience in computer science/information technology with (n) tiered architecture and database concepts, preferably in technology areas as such as business application development, client/server, database management systems, data warehousing, or web enablement.
- Academic or work experience with C, Java or programming in a third or fourth generation language.
- Knowledge of software development life cycles.
- Experience programming with the SAS language.
- Preferred location – Cary, N.C.