As a product manager responsible for SAS’ text analytics product strategy, you will gather market-driven requirements by consulting with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources in order to set future product direction and manage product lifecycles. SAS Text Analytics delivers compact and scalable solutions leveraging natural language processing, machine learning, deep learning, and search to enable automated understanding of unstructured data.
- Own the product vision; manage a proactive roadmap that supports long term business drivers (e.g. strategic direction, revenue, etc.)
- Passionate evangelist of products and advocate for the customer; cultivate close relationships with customers and bring their needs into product planning
- Work closely with R&D to prioritize new product features based on market requirements, available resources, and product release cycle timelines.
- Provide in-depth subject matter expertise; market, industry and competitive analysis; identify customer challenges and provide thoroughly articulated use cases and desired outcomes
- Manage development partner relationships; Analyze and make recommendations regarding potential partner relationships; Knowledge of competitive portfolio products
- Provide technical content for marketing materials and develop strong product positioning and competitive differentiation messages
- Support the SAS presence at trade shows, conferences, and other industry events
- Provide support for strategic sales opportunities as needed
- Coordinate with various global virtual teams and build alignment across cross-functional teams
- Other duties as directed
- Master’s degree, preferably in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or a related quantitative discipline; MBA is a plus.
- A minimum of five years of experience in product management, consulting, or a related function in the software industry.
- Experience with one or more text analytics software packages
Essential Equivalent: Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field with an additional 5 years of stated essential qualifications.
- Expertise in the application of text analytics methodologies
- Strong awareness of technology trends and knowledge of competitive landscape and open source technologies
- Excellent technical acumen and understanding of product management and related marketing methodologies.
- Superior project management, organizational, and analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to translate complex technical and business information for diverse audiences. Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel occasionally as the job requires
- Strong understanding of natural language processing (NLP), text analytics, machine learning, cognitive analysis, and/or artificial intelligence (AI)
- Demonstrated understanding of analytical techniques and experience in applying them to solve business problems
- Experience using SAS analytic software or other analytic software such as SPSS or R
- Background with handling big data and building high load environment and methodologies with Hadoop and friends
- Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services
- Experience with data management, modeling and integration products
- Experience with multimedia processing (e.g. speech-to-text, video search) and open source packages such as Stanford NLP
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn