As a Senior Account Executive at SAS, you will be responsible for the sale of SAS software products, solutions and services to current and prospective clients in the assigned territory. This is a highly strategic position where your responsibilities will include working with and leading other sales, services, and support personnel to position SAS solutions with clients in the communications and media sector.
- Sells software solutions and services to current and prospective customers to achieve required revenue targets.
- Develops a 12/24/36 month account plan for each key client in the territory. Keys to success include understanding the client’s key business objectives, the constraints keeping the client from fully realizing those objectives, how SAS could help the customer to overcome those constraints, and the primary contacts within the client who are charged with overcoming those constraints to drive business success.
- Implements strategies for generating sales opportunities within the territory based on the multi-year account plan and the identified business needs of the client where SAS can address those needs.
- Qualifies each opportunity to determine SAS’ goodness of fit, the client’s readiness to purchase, and the probability of successfully closing each opportunity by developing a formalized opportunity plan for each key sales engagement.
- Leads other sales personnel including technical sales consultants, post sales consultants, SAS management, and SAS legal to prosecute sales engagements and close those opportunities when forecasted.
- Develops an in depth understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposals; works collaboratively with his/her extended sales team to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for the provision of professional services and training.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Accurately forecasts revenues to ensure sales engagements will close when anticipated and at the forecasted value.
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in direct sales, marketing, or technical sales support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware
- Ability to travel as much as 70% or as business needs require.
- Work location of Seattle, WA is strongly preferred to minimize required travel. San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Kansas City and Denver also considered.
- Experience in and knowledge of complex technology solution sales; knowledge of software and/or hardware acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan at both the territory and individual client level.
- General understanding of business, analytical, and technical concepts with the ability to communicate and relate SAS’ capabilities to client needs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Significant experience selling software solutions into the communications and media industry is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn