The Sr. AI/ML Solutions Architect will be responsible for supporting the sales team with solution sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. This includes providing consultative services, including solution development, demonstration and positioning of SAS capabilities, and the ability to solve complex business problems based on SAS core competencies in advanced analytics and solutions, product demonstrations for a variety of technologies, as well as continuous retention efforts. You will be focused on ensuring success of platform sales. You will also be responsible for developing and enhancing our execution capabilities pre-sales and post-sales which requires a strong foundation in analytics and visualization software with high caliber presentation skills. This analytic foundation could include econometric forecasting, machine learning, text analytics or optimization skills. An ideal candidate will have applied the analytic disciplines to provide adoption and loyalty to platform solutions.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Building a trusted relationship with the sales team, and client account providing practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and setting proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Conducting discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle and post sales to support the implementation team in adoption and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Delivering standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations, proof of concepts, and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Participating in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Strong understanding of SAS platform technologies including the working knowledge of Open source technologies to help guide and develop a stronger understanding of how SAS technologies can be used to add value to our customer base.
- Understand, utilize and communicate best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Working proactively with team of Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field.
- Strong analytical track record and proven experience in machine learning, deep learning, and image analysis.
- Hands-on experience with SAS analytics or other statistical modeling, including open source tools, such as, R and Python.
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% of time as business needs dictates.
- Location: United States
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into actionable tactical and strategic insights.
- Ability to problem solve and research into software performance issues.
- Ability to present and interact persuasively with senior management and at technical levels.
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Continuous drive to learn and refine skills: soft skills, technical skills, and industry knowledge.
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research.
- Requires eight years of technical sales, systems engineering, project management, applications development and/or customer support.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn