We are seeking a Technical Architect assists sales teams with design and implementation of SAS solution architectures. Ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provides thought leadership focusing on value-based design through the implementation and adoption of SAS solutions. Develops and enhances personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of establishing SAS as a credible partner to empower analytics. Possesses an expert knowledge of SAS architecture with a focus on underlying SAS technology core and may specialize in specific technical issues such as security, cloud architecture, containers, data management, system integration, or user interfaces. Ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs.
- Develop a deep understanding of SAS Software architectures driven by a constant curiosity for how software works, can be configured, and deployment options in private and public clouds.
- Analyzes all information gathered during the sales cycle to provide technical requirements and, working collaboratively with delivery technical lead or delivery technical architect, to translate sales technical vision into a detailed technical implementation proposal.
- Delivers standard and/or customized software demonstrations and presentations outlining the technical features, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS software as they apply to client needs.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and client account to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction (Sales).
- Perform advanced or complex prototyping for SAS technologies.
- Installs SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned.
- May conduct pre-sales implementations to prove functional capabilities, including on-site support as required.
- Assist in responses to RFI/RFPs crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Strategizes with sales team to provide functional and technical leadership for sales opportunities.
- Works with peers to cross-train and transfer knowledge.
- Experience working with customers in a consultative environment.
- A demonstrated curiosity to know how software works at a very deep level.
- Hands on experience administering Linux.
- Deep understanding of virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Demonstrated comfort level in front of any level of customer - executive to expert.
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Location: Cary, NC or United States.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Travel up to 50% (travel can sometimes exceed 50% during any given week).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or related quantitative field.
- Knowledge of computing resources, including Processors, Memory, Networking, Database(s), Storage, Programming languages, etc.
- Large distributed systems architecture design and development experience including Lamda and Kappa architecture standards.
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, and networking, massive data storage, and security.
- Hands on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Container Service, AWS Elastic Container Service.
- Solid understanding of NoSql databases such as Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB.
- Understanding of cloud SQL processing in Azure Data Lake and AWS Redshift.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystems including HDFS, Map Reduce, HIVE, Yarn, Spark, Kerberos.
- Strong understanding of the Apache Ecosystem including Nifi and Kafka.
- Understanding of Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) and RESTful services deployment.
- Skills in basic programming fundamentals as well as experience with Python, Java, Git, and Bash.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn