This position provides technical assistance for software pre-sale and post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of industry or industry segment processes and challenges. Collaborates with account teams to identify opportunities, articulate business and technical value, prepares and presents software demonstrations, and value propositions.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages, and business benefits
- Delivers technical architecture related information, leads technical discovery sessions, responds to architecture and infrastructure questions when necessary
- Develops client trust and gains deeper insight to client situations, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term SAS/client relationships
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and industry trends to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle
- Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction
- Strategizes with sales teams on objectives of customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales planning and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities
- Works pro-actively with the extended account team of Industry Consultants, Solution Architects and Technical Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Provides timely follow up and communications to account teams
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models
- Effectively works as part of the team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets
- Maintains and works toward advanced knowledge and training in SAS System tools
- Show leadership in a chosen technology area or grouping
- Assists in training of staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good facilitation and communications skills
- Strong customer presentation, demonstration, public speaking skills
- Narrate statistical and technical concepts to diverse audiences
- Strong problem solving, organizational, decision-making skills
- Consultative positioning, objection handling, and other sales skills
- SAS Analytics programming and usage – required
- R and/or Python programming skills – a strong plus
- In depth experience with software in the cloud (AWS or Azure) – a plus
- Strong knowledge of applied statistics, data mining and predictive modeling techniques
- Experience in supervised or unsupervised machine learning algorithms and data modelling techniques applied in financial industry
- Experience in text analytics, artificial intelligence, forecasting, optimization, model deployment and governance – a plus
- Experience with telematics, sensor data and other third-party data - a plus
- Financial Services – strongly preferred
- Insurance experience a plus, with emphasis on underwriting, actuarial, and/or product development
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- 50% Travel or as business requirements dictate at management discretion
- Locations: US-Midwest: Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; Des Moines, IA; St Louis, MO; Detroit, MI; Minneapolis, MN
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) or master’s degree (preferred), in any quantitative field, Computer Science, Statistics or related data science field.
- Requires two to three years of relevant industry and technical experience.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn