We are seeking a Principal Industry Consultant to support the sales organization by providing strategic domain support for manufacturing industry prospects and customers. In the High-Tech industry segments, this person will be responsible for demand generation, pipeline build strategies and development of initiatives resulting in increased pipeline, revenue and elevating thought leadership in the industry segment. The Principal Industry Consultant will be over the development of a domain vision and viewpoint on SAS offerings to provide strategic impact to the Sales vertical go-to-market plans.
- Provides industry specific domain sales support through identification, development, and execution of targeted sales opportunities; act as key expert in industry solution portfolio to support, customer calls, sales tool development, and coaching for the sales force on industry focused account strategies. Leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
- Develops industry specific strategy for assigned industry that supports SAS’s strategic vision and value proposition including: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry, articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed. Identifies competitor advances in the market.
- Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles and white papers. Speaks at internal and external industry events. Develop workshops to educate sales/marketing team. Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest levels of management.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Works closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Required to travel 50% of the time or on an as needed basis.
- May provide business/domain consulting services to customers.
- May assist product marketing by providing information for future product direction.
- May lead business process discussions and improvement sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Skills:
- Proven success in the High-Tech industry (semiconductor, electronics preferred).
- Extensive experience with High-Tech manufacturing processes, especially with wafer fabrication. Contract manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Exposure to or knowledge of advanced analytics/data science applications in High-Tech (semiconductor/EMS/SMT/etc.).
- Knowledge and experience using big data (including sensors and equipment data) to analyze yield excursions and/or equipment availability.
- Knowledge and experience in business development is a plus.
- Ability to drive incremental revenue through industry experience, relationships and market credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization, including both executives and engineers.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Preferred Locations: San Francisco and the Bay Area.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (or equivalent) required, advanced degree preferred (Master’s Degree, or MBA).
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn