The IoT Division believes that our people are our greatest asset and that only through our collective passion, collaboration, and hard work can we truly make a difference for our customers. We believe in a dynamic, innovative environment that requires a diversity of thought, and that great ideas can come from anywhere.
This role requires a resourceful, multi-talented individual that enjoys working with ever changing technology and that isn’t intimidated by ambiguity. In this role, you’ll be a member of an eclectic team whose primary purpose is the collective success of our internal and external customers and partners. As a member of this division, you’ll be asked to wear many hats – helping sell one day, enabling channel partners another, and building out innovative IoT assets the next. In a nutshell, you will need to do whatever is necessary to make our offerings and customers successful.
You will analyze customer data and build high-end analytical models. You will provide analytical methodologies to solve business problems via predictive modeling, machine learning, deep learning, and computer vision. You will develop statistical and analytical applications relevant to SAS IoT solutions that cover the end-to-end analytics lifecycle.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Builds a trusted relationship with Sales and Channel Partners to provide practical guidance in the business value of proposed IoT solutions and sets proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic IoT solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional and technical capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS IoT solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects, Consultants and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Help to define and develop IoT service offerings, and enable a broad set of professional services teams and partners.
- Develop, document, and communicate IoT best practices.
- Perform advanced or complex prototyping of SAS IoT technologies
- Provide hands-on knowledge transfer of IoT best practices to strategic channel partners.
- Develops standard, customized and/or strategic IoT solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS IoT solutions.
- May work on PoC’s and special projects as assigned; act as the IoT lead on assigned activities.
- Develop innovative IoT assets that showcase our value and capabilities.
- Develop use cases that demonstrate the value of IoT in new and\or under developed problem domains.
- Degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, the physical sciences, or other quantitative field; with 4 years of analytical consulting, systems engineering, applications development and/or relevant customer support experience.
- Strong understanding of software, platform, cloud, connectivity and technology in the widest sense.
- Strong knowledge of applied statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, and machine learning techniques.
- Hands-on experience with SAS analytics or other statistical modeling, including open source tools, such as, R and Python.
- Knowledge of model monitoring and deployment
- Ability to conceptualize clients' needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
- Superior facilitation, problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- High sales and customer orientation and pronounced consultancy competence.
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
- Ability to execute against a general set of objectives creatively and in a self-directed manner.
- Travel as business needs dictate
- Strong analytical track record and proven experience in SAS platform technologies including the working knowledge of open source technologies.
- Experience with analyzing image and video data for computer vision and deep learning applications.
- Knowledge of IoT or Event Stream Processing; experience in capturing, using, and\or analyzing streaming data.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or similar cloud service providers.
- Strong programming skills – SAS, Python, R
- Hands-on experience with SAS analytics products such as Enterprise Miner, VDMML, Model Manager
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn