Sets product vision and direction. Delivers market driven offerings by knowing the market, competition and customer inputs and translating these into requirements. Collaborates with development team(s) to drive product development. Communicates product content and knowledge to internal constituents. Supports the external presence of SAS and our offerings.
- Sets, executes, and publishes the product vision and roadmap.
- Defines and prioritizes product requirements based on customer, prospect, and evaluator inputs, market direction and field contribution.
- Collaborates with and drives product development in R&D based on requirements management and product lifecycle.
- Defines user personas and use cases.
- Supports product launches as primary content provider and ensures knowledge transfer of product functionality to marketing and sales.
- Delivers technical, fact-oriented content for pricing, positioning and collateral.
- Delivers product vision, roadmap, and software demonstrations to internal constituents, customers, press, analysts, at events, etc.
- Manages the product across its lifecycle, leveraging available tools (such as the product health report).
- Identifies new market opportunities and evaluates emerging technology and business issues that may present opportunities or threats to the company.
- Works with industry analysts to provide content and demonstrations for various reports and acts as a point of contact for inbound inquiries.
- Be a product champion by analyzing eternal market trends, competition, opportunities that impact the user and capabilities of the platform.
- Participates in and may manage virtual teams comprised of worldwide members.
- May manage OEM/Technical Provider relationships.
- Identifies opportunities for emerging technology and business issues that present opportunities or threats to SAS.
- Identifies new market opportunities within the company’s distinctive competence.
- Demonstrates product knowledge with external audiences, such as press, thought leaders, analysts, speaking engagements at trade shows and user groups, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, information systems, computer science, or related discipline.
- Experience with Agile development and/or Agile Product Owner for enterprise software solutions
- Experience with enterprise security solutions and services, including familiarity the operations of a CIRT/CSIRT/SOC organization
- At least 4 years of experience in SIEM, security analytics, network security or user behavior analytics
- Ability to understand product features and describe associated customer value.
- Organizational skills for managing commitments, schedules, and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Skilled in effective communication, influencing and negotiation.
- Ability to map market requirements into product features.
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate.
- Cybersecurity certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA, CGEIT, or CEH desired
- Experience with big data technologies
- Familiarity with the Pragmatic marketing methodology
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn