SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
As an Analytical Technical Support Engineer, you will be part of a global team that provides support for SAS Risk Management solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Directly assisting customers who are using or troubleshooting analytical enterprise-class, multi-tier software applications and/or solutions.
- Collaborating with experts across technical support departments and SAS divisions.
- Interpreting documentation and explaining error messages to audiences with varied backgrounds.
- Suggesting the appropriate SAS procedure, language feature, or product and/or solution for the particular type of analysis or functionality that is requested.
- Providing references for formulas and analytical techniques that our algorithms use, where possible.
- Providing limited guidance and references to help interpret the output that is produced by analytical tools, products and/or solutions.
- Learning and utilizing knowledge of advanced analytical techniques and complex interactions between multiple SAS system components and third-party products to trouble-shoot, diagnose and resolve software problems. Might replicate customer environments in order to reproduce and debug problems.
- Building and applying expertise in emerging analytical techniques, emerging SAS technologies, portfolio offerings, and third party requirements/software.
- Collaborating with Software Research and Development to inform them about reliability and maintenance topics and providing input on software design based on customer feedback, domain and software knowledge, knowledge of analytics, and analytical experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, Financial Mathematics or other related analytical field.
- 4 years of programming experience
- Associate’s degree, plus 4 years of stated essential experience ---OR----
- High School diploma (GED), plus 6 years of stated essential experience
- Experience working with SAS Software in particular SAS Risk Management solutions
- At least 3 years of technical consulting, systems engineering, research and development and/or customer support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with people of varied technical backgrounds
- Ability to diagnose a broad range of problems
- Ability to handle multiple high-priority projects concurrently and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to perform in both team and individual environments
- Ability to answer user questions through independent study and investigative programming
- Proven record of handling increasing responsibilities
- Master's degree, preferably in Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Financial Mathematics or other highly analytical field.
- Work or academic experience in computer science/information technology with (n) tiered architecture and database concepts, preferably in technology areas such as business application development, client / server, database management systems, data warehousing, or web enablement.
- Knowledge of software development life cycles.
- Experience programming with the SAS language.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn