SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
The US Risk Delivery Advisory Group within the SAS Risk Research and Quantitative Solutions (RQS) organization is dedicated to consulting projects in Expected Credit Loss, Model, Market, Credit, Operational and Insurance Risk mainly in Financial Services. As a Lead Risk Solution Consultant, you will be providing SAS consulting services, lead in design and implementation of risk solutions. Relates risk and finance business and technical concepts to SAS Risk Applications and understands client’s risk and financial processes, IT architecture and make contribution in the risk business and technical aspects of services delivery of the project, including solution configuration, content development, implementation and closeout at customer sites. You will focus as a subject matter expert on risk and finance, designing, implementing and managing financial reporting systems and procedures with development of data integration applications, risk and finance process workflows using knowledge of SAS 9.4 and related SAS products.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Configure and customize SAS Risk and Finance Solution to fit customer’s requirements.
- Providing guidance to the customers IT division on best practices in developing required infrastructure
- Develop and execute release or version upgrades and migrations of solution configurations to SAS environments such as test and production
- Develop integration points amongst SAS products, 3rd party vendors and in house customer technologies
- Develop best practices documentation and provide technical leadership by contributing and sharing information with peers
- BS, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of financial reporting systems, procedures, business and technical consulting, systems engineering, project management, applications development and/or customer support
- Experience in Risk and Finance related implementation with business functional domain and technology expertise in large/complex SAS environments.
- Strong UNIX, Systems Architecture, Database, Network Security and SAS programming skills
- Knowledge of risk modeling process orchestration tool or any industry standard workflow tool
- Comfortable giving formal technical presentations to customers and peers
- Must have expert knowledge of risk regulatory process and risk model development, validation in banking industry
- Ability to collect business requirements by organizing and leading requirements workshop and create solution configuration design document.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of software or applications development life cycle
- Ability to communicate with people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users
- Ability to conceptualize clients' needs and translate into specific implementation strategies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Extensive travel as business needs dictate, around 50%-75% of travel will be required
- Experience working in or with Financial Services firms
- Experience working on SAS Risk Solutions
- Demonstrated expertise with SAS V9 Architecture and SAS Visual Analytics
- Database expertise with Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, PostgreSQL or Teradata.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn