SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
As an Implementation Project Manager, you will be a customer liaison and consultant on projects to assure success throughout the entire customer life cycle. You will also interact with EXTERNAL clients/customers, staff, management, and applicable departments at SAS.
- Act as a customer liaison, manage customer expectations; manage large-scale projects using win/win negotiation principles.
- Conduct assessments, presales, and implementation activities that require matching skills with specific agendas, services, requirements, and tasks.
- Identify and review assignments of team members for these activities, including adding domain, administration, and contracts expertise.
- Work with account management teams as needed to assist with development of proposals for software and services deals.
- Complete risk assessments and participate in deal review sessions.
- Assume fiscal responsibility for projects and ensure that quality assurance and test plans are included.
- Develop, communicate, and track all aspects of project plans with the project team.
- Resolve conflicts between the project and other organizational units.
- Oversee activities with respect to customer satisfaction, change and knowledge management, as well as the overall summary for each engagement.
- Perform analysis of business and user needs, document requirements, determine a strategy and develop a plan/proposal for delivery of the project which leads to a client's adoption and improved efficiency or effectiveness.
- Advise clients on solution adoption and integration into business processes based on a solid understanding of client businesses, industries, regulatory environments and markets.
- Drive success while overcoming barriers and satisfying staff, management and stakeholder commitments.
- Facilitate client/customer steering committees related to the broader aspects of the program/project being implemented.
- Resolve issues between the project and other organizational units in a satisfactory manner, engaging management as necessary.
- Communicate project goals to those outside the project and engage management or leadership in other units as needed to ensure customer success.
- Assure overall customer satisfaction through determination and attainment of project success criteria, engagement and discussions with customers and leadership.
- Build relationships with clients that characterize partnership, cooperation and trust.
- Consulting, project or program management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a business, marketing, or computer science-related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing project management role.
- Experience as a Project Manager in a software development environment.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- MS Project proficiency.
- Knowledge of Project Management practice procedures and tools.
- Strong leadership, project management, communication and facilitation skills (including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues).
- Good problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Travel as business needs dictate (up to 25%).
- Experience with external customers.
- Experience with full-cycle project management of software development projects in a hosted environment.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Current PMP certification.
* This position will be seated on-site at our Cary, NC HQ location.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn