This role is responsible for working with our Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) account lead to maintain, strengthen and grow SAS’ partnership with CMS. These efforts should result in the sale of SAS business analytic software, solutions, and services to help CMS study healthcare, process claims, detect improper payments, and shift from a pay for service to a pay for outcome system. CMS and SAS have a deep and long relationship supported by a CMS/SAS Enterprise License Agreement (ELA).
Primary Responsibilities: This role is intended for someone relatively new to software sales and seeking to support the federal health space. The goal would be to have them work under our well-respected and highly successful CMS account lead to learn about CMS (and other federal health accounts), support the sale of SAS software, services, and solutions to CMS, and ultimately grow into a lead Account Executive assuming his/her own territory (or eventually assuming the CMS portfolio).
- Domain Knowledge: Willingness to learn the strategic goals, priorities, and budgetary constraints of CMS and how they align to SAS/business analytics solutions.
- Trusted Advisor: Work with the CMS Lead to build an advisory relationships CMS, aiding them in solving data analytics-oriented mission challenges.
- Solution Alignment: Leverages agency understanding to map SAS capabilities and sell SAS software, solutions, and services to current and prospective customers.
- Customer Retention & Growth:
- Collaborate with other sales personnel to position and capitalize on opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Conducts significant direct customer outreach and travels to customer sites (primarily the Baltimore area where CMS is headquartered).
- Designs appropriate demonstrations by actively participating in sales calls and presentations focused on identifying customer goals and evaluating account needs.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers.
- Follows-up with customers to track satisfaction and discover additional opportunities.
- Assume consultative role in dealing with technical issues and interpreting application needs; prepare customer profiles based on needs analysis of hardware, software, applications, and user levels.
- Account Development & Qualification:
- Develop account vision and plan.
- Work with CMS Lead to set goals and objectives based on evaluation of territory potential and match company and divisional initiatives.
- Utilize solutions-selling methodology, strategic concepts, and techniques.
- Support all activity in account and new revenue, both software and services.
- Work with consulting staff to position service solutions and leverage sales opportunities.
- Support internal SAS resources, including pre-sales and post-sales services, contracts, etc. to reach objectives.
- Identify opportunities with high close potential. Work with CMS Lead to qualify and forecast timeframes.
- Fulfill requests for information from prospective customers.
- Communicate progress, roadblocks, and vision up and down, both in formal business/account reviews and ad-hoc as business necessitates via email, conversations and/or formal presentations.
- Pricing, Licensing & Contracting:
- Develop an understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Works with EIS (SAS’ exclusive reseller) and SAS contracts to prepare quotations and proposal information as needed.
- Prepare complex quotations and proposal information as needed; works to customize quotes and proposals and to coordinate resources across divisions.
- Effectively manages business expenses.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Essential Requirements: This position has been designed for someone with 0-4 years sales experience. This role will be paired with the existing CMS Account Lead, who will act as a coach and mentor to this Associate Account Executive (AE)
Associate Account Executive or Account Executive
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Analytics, Computer Science, Public Health, or other relevant discipline. Postgraduate degree preferred.
- Zero - five years/ experience in related government or IT work.
- Zero - five years’ experience buying/selling enterprise software/consulting services into the Federal space, preferably within HHS/CMS.
- Location: DC (travel up to 25%)
- Demonstrated ability to consume and synthesize massive amounts of industry, public, and proprietary information in an effort to ensure SAS is delivering relevant, cutting-edge solutions to CMS.
- Healthcare knowledge and experience or desire to learn.
- Familiarity with federal policy/legislation or desire to learn.
- Knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences or desire to learn.
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts; knowledge of SAS solutions and services preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan preferred.
- Strong and agile presenter, able to speak to both business and technical audiences.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn