The State and Local Government practice has an immediate opening for a Government Affairs representative who will focus on sales to the Georgia public sector. Your responsibilities will consist of executing on strategies and best practices that will create new business revenue by targeting the State of Georgia agencies and local governments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing opportunities from existing customers and developing new customers
- Managing current projects and ensuring the solutions are delivering business value
- Understanding and communicating the value of SAS products and SAS business solutions
- Executing proven strategies and programs in order to meet or exceed assigned territory objectives;
- Identifying, qualifying and disqualifying prospective agencies within the State of Georgia to build the appropriate funnel portfolio in order to meet or exceed assigned territory objectives;
- Identifying and calling on all levels of an organization from a ground-level technician to senior agency heads/elected officials/ "C" level executives;
- Demonstrating your ability to utilize your contacts to leverage access to a client, prospect or partner in order to gain access and to move opportunities forward; and performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a business, political science, communications, or similar field of study with:
- 5 years of experience in a position with increasing responsibility within State and Local Government or 5 years of experience selling software solutions
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time or as business needs require
- Southeast Work Location: Atlanta, GA ideal location
- Associate's degree in the same fields with an additional 2 years of the stated essential qualifications or a high school diploma (GED) with an additional 4 years of the stated essential qualifications
- Proven track record of Georgia government or sales performance,
- Knowledge of Georgia government Experience influencing or selling into State and/or Local Government;
- Knowledge of Georgia State and Local Government legislative and executive cycles and buying influences;
- Ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS Solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience working in Georgia State Government
- Experience selling software to Local State Government Agencies.
- Experience working with the strategic business partners, and the systems integrator community
- Experience consulting to Georgia State Government
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn