As a Technical Solution Training Consultant, you will be responsible for developing and deliver solutions-based curriculum training, focusing on SAS Customer Intelligence and/or SAS Risk and/or SAS Performance Management solutions. Teaches public and/or customer onsite training sessions in the classroom and remotely using live web technology. Develops technical content and multimedia demonstrations and presentations involving user applications software, technical concepts and system architecture.
- Conducts internal, public classroom training and workshops at company training centers, third-party classrooms and customer sites.
- Delivers public and customer onsite training sessions and remote live web classes
- Develops e-lecture and self-paced multimedia materials as assigned.
- Assists other instructors during workshops for training courses.
- Participates in course development projects and preparation of training materials.
- Tests and maintains training software as needed.
- Writes programs using SAS or other software for a variety of applications.
- Works on special projects, which may include external consulting projects.
- May review and edit technical documentation as needed.
- May serve as curriculum consultant to direct students into correct training path
- Creation and expansion of relevant, usable and useful assets in curriculum areas assigned.
- Ability to work with Education or other SAS stakeholders to get images built (timely for software release) and populated with proper and legally usable data for demos and exercises providing a holistic and appropriate education experience.
- May serve as Live Web technical support technician
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Functional knowledge of SAS software products and solutions, with a focus on Customer Intelligence, Risk, and Performance Management.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- SAS programming skills
- Strong curriculum areas assigned background for the creation and delivery of the appropriate assets for provision of a holistic training experience.
- Must train and mentor team members locally and dotted line international offices.
- Ability to travel as is required in servicing customer requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with users with various technical backgrounds including experienced programmers
- Working knowledge of training methodologies, curriculum development, and training media
- Working knowledge of company’s products and application areas
- Professional appearance and presentation skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, Computer Science or other related quantitative field
- 5+yrs of experience programming in a language, such as SAS; including at least three years of classroom teaching or corporate training.
- Experience in technology areas such as application development, client/server, database management systems, data warehousing, or web enablement preferred.
- Experience leading projects preferred.
- Work location: Cary, NC preferred
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn