SAS believes in the whole employee experience: meaningful work, empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives, dynamic work environments that foster innovation, and an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow with no limits.
This is a pipeline position and we are activiely seeking qualified candidates to fill current and future roles that will become available. You will receive a notification if your application is under consideration.
We are seeking a Customer Advisory Solutions Architect focused on Data Science. You will provide both industry and technical skills assisting clients to solve business problems while ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Help clients leverage the latest AI/ML algorithms and techniques in all aspects of decision support to automate and improve business outcomes. You should have the ability to present SAS products and solutions and contrast the key differentiators on competitors. The role involves using the entire portfolio of SAS Technology in the Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence space (such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Languages Processing, Forecasting, Model Management, Streaming) as well as Open Source, to address the customers’ business needs with the most appropriate and innovative technologies and make sure they efficiently fit into existing and new business processes. Awareness of approaches to scale and actually operationalize analytics is expected.
- Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, or SAS Solution to help clients understand how best to automate processes and enhance business objectives by using SAS.
- Conducts discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the advisory cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Scopes and defines work effort, resource plan and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- Strategizes with teams on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to the strategic account plan and provides functional solution leadership for client opportunities.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the client to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction while informing and acting on behalf of the Account Team.
- Develop and deliver standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution prototypes and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- May work on consulting projects and special projects as assigned; acts as technical lead on projects as assigned (Consulting).
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provides support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer
- Ability to work comfortably with directors and C-level executives as customers and partners
- Business acumen and sales-driven approach
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated leader in a single analytical domain or retail industry (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks in the business track at conferences/events)
- Good facilitation and communications skills.
- Strong customer presentation, demonstration, public speaking skills.
- Narrate statistical and technical concepts to diverse audience.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, decision-making skills.
- Strong programming skills – e.g. Python, R, TensorFlow, MXNet, Caffe2, SAS, Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit, and/or Keras.
- Strong knowledge of applied statistics, data mining and predictive modeling techniques.
- Experience in supervised or unsupervised machine learning algorithms and data modelling techniques applied in Retail Industry.
- Understanding of deployment concepts such as API, REST, Microservices, containers
- Experience with Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence (NLP, Data, Image, Voice, etc.), Analytics in Event Stream Processing, or Decision Management software.
- Master’s Degree in Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, or equivalent experience
** Please note, there could be anwyhere from 25%-40% of travel at times throghout the year.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF). Also view the supplement EEO is the Law (PDF), and the notice Pay Transparency (PDF).
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.