The Account Executive – Hospitality, Sports and Gaming will be responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts.
- Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales/pre-sales/domain/personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and resources required.
- Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, advances opportunity through milestone steps of sales cycle and forecast time frames to close business within Orion.
- Works closely with pre-sales resources and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential opportunities.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for delivery services.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develops a basic understanding of company pricing, licensing procedures and approvals matrix.
- Fully utilizes account planning process and tools (Account Plans and Opportunity Plans within BASE).
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Applies knowledge of company goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs.
- Recommends appropriate solutions.
- Works closely with virtual sales team, account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Assists in evaluation of territory or account potential; uses BASE or Strategic selling methodology, pipeline management and forecasting to identify accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecasts time frames to close business.
- Develops action plans to close business for accounts.
- Develops plans to identify accounts that have the potential for further development and executes them.
- Teams with pre-sales resources and executives on strategic account development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or as business needs require.
- Preferred Location: New York.
- Additional Location: East Coast.
Education and Experience:
- Hospitality and gaming industry experience is not required but heavily desired.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware. Specific industry related experience may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn