As a Legal Counsel with a focus on international corporate affairs, you will support the company by providing corporate legal advice, support, and assistance for the company’s operations and entities in the Middle East, Africa, and DACH (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland). Independently perform a full range of legal services and maintain a diverse and heavy caseload. Focus areas include intellectual property, computer law, corporate law, employment law, immigration law, international law, trade law, advertising law, tax law, contract management, regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Manage legal business matters pertaining to the company, regional offices and subsidiaries as assigned.
- Provide a variety of general corporate and/or commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Conduct legal research. Review and prepare memoranda and other written guidance in order to advise the company on appropriate legal action.
- Prepare and review legal instruments and documents including, but not limited to contracts and government filings.
- May act as an advisor on legal issues involving the company’s government and regulatory compliance.
- May conduct ethics and other employment related investigations.
- Provide legal counsel and oversight for basic to complex legal matters affecting the company.
- May lead contractual negotiations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Works on legal issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Ability to perform the duties of the job with general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
- Exercises excellent judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Good knowledge of SAS’ approved legal positions and ability to apply those positions to solve problems and issues
- May assist in preparation of documents for government regulatory filings or responses to government or internal investigations or litigation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Uses skills as an experienced legal professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Provides substantial expertise and detailed knowledge of the law for assigned area of responsibility.
- Requires little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments
- Has the skill to acquire excellent knowledge of SAS’ approved legal positions and ability to apply those positions to solve problems and issues.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Direct negotiation of complex agreements. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Required Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited U.S. law school. Licensed to practice law by being admitted to and a member in good standing of at least one state bar.
- Prior in-house corporate legal counsel experience
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn