Love bringing visual experiences to life through web and digital experience? If so, then jump on in.
Must be willing to think big, accept big challenges, take risks, design your butt off, compete with A+ creative, UX and technologists and want to excel in brining awesome visual experiences to life on the web. Show a proven passion for end user experience, technology and creative design abilities. You’ll also work alongside some of the best and brightest corporate UX professionals, so bringing you’re a game is a must.
Also, must be willing to jump in deep with user research – usability research, a/b testing and more. Understanding how users actually use the web is a critical must-have for designing great web UX experiences.
Provides web usability design to continually evolve and enhance the user experience of the digital channels. Creates, evaluates and modifies creative for use on web properties. Develops designs, with emphasis on use cases, top user tasks, business goals, user interface standards and best practices, as well as user research and usability goals.
- Responsible for creating intuitive, visually appealing and effective web designs and experiences for sas.com.
- Understands how to bring to life powerful brand experiences, as well as product and technology experiences through visual and interactive design.
- Designing UX experiences that help produce lead generation, and drive web visitors to relevant content and next step experiences.
- Perform user centered research including, but not limited to, persona development, usability testing, A/B testing, geo-targeted testing and competitive analysis.
- Work with constituents and stakeholders to build use cases based on an understanding of functional requirements, business goals and user top tasks.
- Maintain and evolve vision and understanding of UI/UX trends in the ever-changing landscape. Well versed in fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principles
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop requirements that will be reflected in low fidelity UI (user interface) wireframe prototypes.
- Design and develop high-fidelity wireframes, mockups/comps and functional prototypes to communicate designs and functionality effectively.
- Conduct user testing, design reviews and presentations to stakeholders as needed.
- Develop, create and code web pages based on user centered design including, but not limited to, HTML, CSS, CMS pages (currently Adobe Experience Manger), as well as, various scripting.
- Assist with development and implementation of documentation for global web deployments and web governance.
- Integrate corporate branding initiatives and standards into designs.
- Strong writing and content skills a must.
- Works as part of a web implementation team with expanded scope of influence.
- Influences the CMS development team to support UCD and enhanced user experiences.
- Focuses on user goals and top tasks to achieve those goals.
- Recognizes design challenges that may have been solved by others and whether those solutions are relevant to product.
- Seeks guidance in solving design and evaluation problems.
- Demonstrates awareness of market/ competitors and knowledge of users in problem solving.
- Independently develops long term strategy for usability work on product.
- Employs a diverse set of methods and tools.
- Looks for opportunities to collect user data to demonstrate that usability has positively impacted the product.
- May present to customers based on work on specific product.
- Serves as a primary source of information about user behavior in a specific domain.
- Designs and runs product usability benchmark studies, usability field studies & contextual design projects.
- Guides creation of user scenarios and personas for product.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in experimental and quasi-experimental design for the purposes of usability evaluation and design comparisons
- Proficient in quantitative and qualitative data analysis including questionnaire development
- Proficient in interview techniques
- Able to identify emerging interaction patterns within internal and external software
- Creates screen mock-ups to effectively communicate designs
- Develops low fidelity and high-fidelity UI prototypes
- Makes design recommendations based on research findings and standard design practices
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Graphics, Design, or related field.
- User experience design and analysis or related experience.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn