Do you have a knack for driving programmatic customer engagement campaigns? Do you have a passion for identifying creative, innovative, and authentic ways to engage with customers? Are you a relationship builder, people connector, and collaborator? As our Sr. Manager, Customer Engagement Marketing, you’ll leverage your marketing expertise and leadership skills to mentor teams and lead SAS’ go-to-market engagement and advocacy goals.
We’re seeking a seasoned marketing leader who must be effective in communication at all levels of the organization. You’ll act as a trusted advisor to senior management and a valuable marketing partner to cross-functional stakeholders. Your goal? Unite referencing and retention teams to lead a comprehensive, data-driven customer advocacy strategy that puts our customers first.
What you’ll do
- Direct the development of advocacy marketing programs, campaigns and services across the US, Canada, and Latin America, including the implementation of a SAS’ marketing advocacy platform and engagement strategy
- Use analytics to understand marketing lifecycle and provide key business insights and make data driven decisions
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with internal stakeholders, including cross-functional partners
- Responsible for leadership of customer engagement marketing team, including retention marketers and customer reference team
- Identify customer engagement marketing opportunities through market research, customer feedback, analytics and best practices
- Collaborate with global teams to confirm goals, requirements and priorities for supporting and improving advocacy initiatives
- Represent SAS with third party vendors and partners to support retention marketing objectives and goals
- Create shared visions and detailed plans with key stakeholders on how to maximize advocacy and engagement efforts
- Deliver measurable results in impacting broader company goals and organizational objectives
- Perform all functions related to leading and managing a dynamic team, including: determining resource needs and making requests for personnel, equipment, and other resources; recruiting, interviewing, and selecting new employees; setting and communicating performance standards and providing performance feedback and coaching; encouraging and fostering skill development and professional growth
- Establish and prioritize department responsibilities/objective relative to the group, department, division, and corporate goals. Ensure that projects are completed on time following established procedures and schedules
- Prepare and adheres to budgets
- Provide leadership and work directly on projects as group or department needs dictate
- Identify current practices and emerging trends in advocacy marketing
- Exercise independent judgment in marketing project development, implementation, and support
- Involve upper management in major decisions
- Communicate and/or present group or department activities to SAS employees, customers, prospective customers, alliance partners, and industry analysts, as required
- Advise other managers on supervising employees
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, computer science or other related filed
- At least 12 years of experience in marketing, sales, consulting or related function in the technology industry
- At least three years of marketing management and leadership experience.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales techniques, channels, business partner relationship development strategies, and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Nice to haves
- Demonstrated experience leading customer advocacy and engagement teams
- Public speaking experience
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn