Sr Solutions Advisor – Cybersecurity
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live. We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our Cybersecurity practice as a Sr Solutions Architect.
What you’ll do
As a Sr Solutions Advisor, you will provide customer facing implementation services to new and existing SAS customers, as well as provide support to internal groups such as sales and product management. Sr Solutions Advisors are expected to have deep technical knowledge of the SAS Platform and should excel at solving complex customer problems. You will be expected to provide implementation and pre-sales support for the SAS Cybersecurity Solution and related technologies. In addition, you will be required to build software tools to increase implementation productivity, support the sales process by creating demos, and provide consulting support to other areas of the organization as needed. You will be expected to quickly come up to speed on new technologies and stay abreast as to recent trends in the cybersecurity space. You will also be expected to be able to conduct pre-installation planning and architecture, through to installation and platform administration support throughout implementations to deployment to production.
- Assist the sales team with solution sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provides SAS consulting services, including solution development, implementation and closeout at customer sites.
- Develop and enhance personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of the pre-sales process.
- Participate in and may lead the design process.
- Build a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and client account to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strategize with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Leverage your knowledge of the Cyber industry or SAS solutions to increase SAS’s credibility in sales situations.
- Conduct discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Scope and defines work effort, resource plan and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- Deliver standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Install SAS solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Assist in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Provide reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Participate in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Provide support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Work proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Monitor SAS Cybersecurity Solution customer issues that may be escalating and takes action to contain escalation and decrease future escalation based on identified issues.
What we’re looking for
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
Eight years of systems engineering, project management, applications development, technical architecture and design and/or customer support.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs and oversees the technical progress of ongoing services
- Five years of experience within the SAS Intelligence Architecture (SAS Platform)
- Understanding of enterprise architectures and quickly determine how the SAS Cybersecurity solution can and will impact an organization’s enterprise architecture.
- A deep level of understanding of the workflow which organizations leverage to curate and mitigate cyber events within their environments.
- Hands-on level of understanding and knowledge of analytical techniques and where a specific technique may or may not be useful to a Cybersecurity incident.
- A strong understanding of the information security space, including a functional understanding of devices and solutions, and where those solutions are found within the enterprise.
- Demonstrated Cybersecurity industry knowledge/thought leadership and the ability to pain a vision of how SAS Cybersecurity Solutions may fit within prospective client environments through familiarity with industry best practices and trends.
- Travel as business requirements dictate (Approximately 50%)
- Ability to work after hourse during the week or on weekends when necessary
The nice to haves
- Experience delivering SAS ESP, Viya or other SAS vertical solutions
- Experience within the cybersecurity field
- Experience with Linux/Unix scripting, process automation
- Experience with Hardware, Disk and Network impacts to decision support and operational systems optimizations
- Must have a strong desire to succeed and excel at solving complex problems
- Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving and time management skills
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn